photo

spiritfly

shared this idea
4 years ago

Employees Involved

photo

SCM

Admin

Statistics

8
Comments
1
Views

Share

159
votes

Limit the Number of Images & Videos Into Each Article

I was having a discussion with Dan from FCS about their limitations per upload. It seems like FCS has 15MB limit on each .zip upload. 1000+ articles with no paragraph variations and images, videos and URLs made with SCM take up around 35MB. It seems like SCM is inserting all of the images and videos it finds into each article regardless of how much paragraph variations are set thus making it huge in size when it's not needed. An article without any paragraph variations most probably won't be posted more than a few times. So it's useless to have 100+ images and 100+ videos into spintax format into each article.

The Solution:

Make a limit option for images and videos to be inserted into spintax. For example: SCM will find 100 images and 100 videos for my article generation. However if I set the option to limit the number of images per spintax to 5 and number of videos per spintax to 6, SCM will randombly select 5 images out of the 100 it has previously scraped and insert them into the article and only randomly select 6 videos out of the 100 found into to the article.

There is currently no way to limit the number of images and videos. The only solution is to create the articles as "No spintax" which will limit the images and videos to only one, but this way our articles will be fixed and will have to be posted only once which will make us want to produce tens of thousands of articles.

Official Answer
photo Employee
SCM Posted 4 years ago

The article creator will use paragraph variation x 10.

So its a ratio of 1:10.

For each paragraph variation, it will use 10 more pictures.

Add Comment

Comments (8)

photo
86

Sorry for replying so late. Yes that could be a great solution. But not really sure how much variations one paragraph should get. 100 seems about right.

0 paragraph variations is great for 1 image, yes!

I can't wait to see this implemented! :)

photo
87

I've just generated around 3000 articles of 300-400 words each. Their size is 600MB. With the current limit of 15MB per upload at FCS I should be uploading these all day.

I've noticed that it also adds all the links in a spintax format. Can you please do that option for 0 paragraphs? Remember it has to choose only one URL as well.

So when selecting 0 paragraph variations SEO CM will create the article with:

  • only one randomly selected URL (not spintax)

  • only one randomly selected image (not spintax)

  • only one randomly selected video (not spintax)
It seems like the only solution to uploading bulk to FCS. I hope I will see it soon in action. Cheers!

photo
85

Ideally it should count the number of { and | and calculate the number of images/videos/urls based on that. If this is easy to accomplish than this is the sure way to go, however is a bit complicated I suppose.

"So if it is paragraph variations 1, You get 100 images, 2 x 100 = 200 etc"

If we decide to go with this, I think paragraph count should also be included in the formula because

it really plays a crucial role in how many variations can a spintax

article produce. So the formula for calculating using the number of paragraphs should be an exponent of the paragraph variations:

(number of paragraphs^paragraph variations)*10

example: if the paragraph count is 5 and the paragraph variations are 3, a 3 exponent of 5 is 5*5*5=125 and then this number should be multiplied by 10. An exception to this would be a 1 paragraph count with multiple variations. This should be simply be calculated as: paragraph variations*10.

This is the correct formula I think for all images,videos and URLs. And of course there is the possibility of MAX, or a number larger than images/videos scraped and urls entered by the user, so in this case it should go with the maximum available.

photo Employee
76

spiritfly wrote:

Sorry for replying so late. Yes that could be a great solution. But not really sure how much variations one paragraph should get. 100 seems about right.

0 paragraph variations is great for 1 image, yes!

I can't wait to see this implemented! :)

Just realized that in Article creator, min paragraph variations is 1, (not zero)

If para var is 1, it will take only 1 image, any number larger than that will dump all images out for you.

Lets try that for size and see what is its like.

photo
1

Having 100 images for 1 paragraph variation is still way too large, too many. I often run with 5 or more paragraph variations. Please still look at making this a separate option (how many images to include in article)

photo Employee
1

Mike Lee wrote:

Having 100 images for 1 paragraph variation is still way too large, too many. I often run with 5 or more paragraph variations. Please still look at making this a separate option (how many images to include in article)
It causes issues if let say you have variations 2. It means only 2 images.

photo
2

SCM wrote:

Mike Lee wrote:

Having 100 images for 1 paragraph variation is still way too large, too many. I often run with 5 or more paragraph variations. Please still look at making this a separate option (how many images to include in article)
It causes issues if let say you have variations 2. It means only 2 images.
10:1 ratio would be much more manageable (file size) than 100:1 (or if run paragraph variation of 5, it's even way higher)

photo Employee
2

Mike Lee wrote:

SCM wrote:

Mike Lee wrote:

Having 100 images for 1 paragraph variation is still way too large, too many. I often run with 5 or more paragraph variations. Please still look at making this a separate option (how many images to include in article)
It causes issues if let say you have variations 2. It means only 2 images.
10:1 ratio would be much more manageable (file size) than 100:1 (or if run paragraph variation of 5, it's even way higher)
Ok we can try run it with a 10 to 1 ratio.

Leave Comment

photo